Monday 11 April 2016

Harsha Bhogle hopes cricketers' complaints did not lead to IPL ouster

"I tell every young cricketer who cares to listen that we will never agree on everything but I will always desire that they do well," Bhogle wrote on his Facebook page © Getty
Harsha Bhogle, the cricket commentator who was recently removed from the Indian Premier League (IPL) commentary panel, remains in the dark about the reason behind his expulsion and hopes it didn't arise out of complaints from cricketers regarding what he says on air.
According to reports, Bhogle was excluded from the IPL commentary team after some senior Indian cricketers complained to a board official following a recent ICC World Twenty20, 2016 game.
"I still don't know why I am not doing the IPL. I haven't been told. I can accept the fact that people don't like me. But I genuinely hope it isn't because cricketers have complained about what I have to say," Bhogle wrote on his Facebook page.
"I tell every young cricketer who cares to listen that we will never agree on everything but I will always desire that they do well; that I cannot stop them from scoring a run, or taking a wicket or holding a catch.
"Doing that is their job, telling the story of what they did, or didn't, is mine. Our paths will be strewn with admiration and disagreement. It is the nature of the job whether you are a university level cricketer or among the best there has been. And, for heaven's sake, my greatest criticism is that I don't do enough of it," he wrote.
It is also alleged that Bhogle was involved in a heated argument with an official at the Vidarbha Cricket Association Ground in Nagpur during his commentary stint at the World T20 last month, an event that could have been the reason behind his unceremonious axing.
Bhogle's axing was met with negative responses, with several cricket fans throwing their weight behind the 54-year-old, who has more than 3.5 million followers on Twitter, the social media platform.

No comments:

Post a Comment